Posts & Poles
SET FLAG POLES IN THE EASIEST WAY – SECURE SET SAVES YOU TIME AND EFFORT, AS WELL AS MONEY.
From now on you can forget about using those heavy, dusty concrete bags – use the alternative solution for concrete when setting poles and posts. We are here to make things easier for you, as well as to protect your poles/posts below ground. Secure Set is a 2-part polyurethane measure-mix-pour solution that can help you set your poles and posts in a matter of minutes versus the conventional concrete option. Why use 3 to 4 60-80 lb. bags of concrete that you must lift, load, unload, carry to the site, then lift again to mix in a wheelbarrow with a shovel and water? Just one 20 lb. box (2 gallons) of Secure Set, with 2 measuring cups, mixers, a drill, and mixing containers will be all you need to set most flag poles. Choose the simple, easy, alternative to concrete.
Secure Set is an inert plastic, high-density, closed-cell, polyurethane water blown foam that mixes within a few minutes and sets up within 5 minutes after being poured. This solution helps to save you a lot of time and cut labor cost since time is money.
SECURE SET HIGH DENSITY CLOSED CELL FOAM:
- Light-weight and easy to carry
- Easy to mix
- Sets up within minutes compared to concrete’s setting time of 24+ hrs.
- Superior commercial high density foam – 5.3 lb. density
- Superior tensile strength at 130 psi unlike unreinforced concrete
- Great compressive strength at 103 psi and 14,832 lbs. per sq. ft.
- Latches onto the dirt, rocks, and roots to help secure the post in the ground
- Closed cell foam – Higher moisture, rain and weather endurance once set up than concrete
- No need to dig below frost line – just bell out the bottom of the hole to eliminate frost heave
- Doesn’t leach anything into the soil, unlike concrete with its alkalinity issues
- Doesn’t break down in the soil over time (known to last at least 40 years)
- Contains no CFC’s or HFC’s – an environmentally friendly product
It’s time to forget about all the nuisances of working with concrete and try Secure Set.
Flag pole recommended setting depth – 10% + 2 ft. of the overall height of the pole. The diameter of the hole should be twice the diameter of the pole (allow for 2″ of foam around the pole.) Example: For a 30 foot pole, the hole would be 5 feet deep (10% of 30 feet=3 feet + 2 feet additional depth).
If your soil has a high concentration of sand, you should consider using a concrete form tube in the ground, packed around it with good soil, then set the post in the tube.