How It Works
WHAT IS SECURE SET
Secure Set is an inert plastic, high-density, closed cell, polyurethane water blown foam. Secure Set contains no CFC’s or HFC’s to create it’s cellular structure. It’s original use is to set power poles for utility companies and fence posts for residential and commercial projects. Other uses include: set road and traffic signs, mailboxes, flagpoles, pergolas, deck posts, birdhouses, satellite dishes, pole barns, gazebos, retaining walls, antenna towers, batting cages, lamp posts, ranch fences, gates, park benches, sail shades, etc. Calculate Your Project to determine the amount of Secure Set needed. Secure Set is available in single use “Shake and Pour” kits, and multi-gallon kits that include measuring cups, mixers and a scrape stick.
Combine the two components (A & B) in the included shaker bottle or container. *For gallon kits, combine the components in a separate mixing cup or container
Shake vigorously or power mix up to 15 seconds until the mix turns to a cream color, the marbling is gone, and the container starts to feel warm. This will ensure the best mix for setting your posts. DO NOT over mix. Open the lid quickly and immediately pour. *For colder climates, a power mixer is recommended.
Immediately pour the full amount of the mixed Secure Set as a liquid into prepared opening around the post. After roughly 5 to 10 minutes, you can remove the supports. After 1 hour, your posts are securely set.
- 5.3 lb density closed cell foam
- 103 psi compressive strength
- 14,832 lbs per sq. ft. load bearing weight
- 130 psi tensile strength
- 18:1 expansion ratio
- 1 mixed gallon (1/2 gal Part A & 1/2 gal Part B) is equal to 2.5 cu. ft. of foam
- 1- 80lb. bag of concrete will fill 0.5 cu. ft of space
- 5 – 80lb. bags of concrete is equal to 1 mixed gallon of Secure Set
Learn More About Secure Set
More About Secure Set?
Secure Set has been used since the year 2000 to set large power poles, telephone poles and light poles for utility companies, stadiums and ball parks. Secure Set is also used to set fence posts, road and traffic signs, mailboxes, flagpoles, pergolas, deck posts, birdhouses, satellite dishes, pole barns, gazebos, retaining walls, antenna towers, batting cages, lamp posts, cattle ranch fences, gates, park benches, sail shades, etc. Secure Set is packaged in gallon jugs for larger projects, or pre-measured ready-to-use SP Kits (Shake&Pour) for individual posts or smaller projects.
Benefits of using Secure Set
- No Lifting or Mixing Heavy Dusty 80 lb. Bags of Concrete
- No Water Needed on the Job Site
- No 24 hour Waiting Period for the Concrete to Set
- Works to Set Wood, Metal, Vinyl or Fiberglass Posts Safely & Securely
- Zero environmental impact on surrounding soil or ground water.
- Protects Posts by Sealing Out Air and Moisture that can Rot or Rust Your Posts
- Sets sufficiently in 5-10 minutes enabling you to Remove Post Supports, Fully Sets in 1 hour